Operation Medicine Drop is a program that provides citizens an opportunity to legally and safely dispose of unwanted, unused and expired medicine in their household. Prescription drug abuse has been declared and epidemic in our country by the Centers for Disease Control. The biggest source for obtaining prescription drugs by teens is from their parents’ or grandparents’ medicine cabinet. This program began as a ‘once a year’ program where five drop off sites in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York, Lake Wylie, and Clover are identified and advertised. Each site is staffed by law enforcement officers who collect and count the doses received.
York County All on Board has purchased seven permanent drop boxes and placed them through York County to all citizens to dispose of the unwanted, unused and expired medicine throughout the year.
These boxes can be found at the following locations, click on the address to redirect you to Google maps:
- Clover Police Department – 112 Bethel St., Clover, SC
- Fort Mill Police Department – 111 Academy St., Fort Mill, SC
- Rock Hill Police Department – 120 East Black St., Rock Hill, SC
- Tega Cay Police Department – 7705 Tega Cay Dr., Tega Cay, SC
- Winthrop Police Department – 526 Myrtle Dr., Rock Hill, SC
- York County Sheriff’s Office – Moss Justice Center-1675-2A York Highway, York, SC
- York Police Department – 12 N. Roosevelt St., York, SC